Disabling SSL Verification on std.net.curl

Mengu via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri May 16 00:37:32 PDT 2014

On Friday, 16 May 2014 at 04:58:47 UTC, Jack wrote:
> A follow up from :
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/nsdomtdbqqlylrmgojim@forum.dlang.org
>
> I discovered that it was not a C::B issue as I already compiled
> it with Xamarin Studio and it was still spewing out the error:
>
> std.net.curl.CurlException at std\net\curl.d(3592): problem with
> the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?) on handle 22D3D68
>
> And since I am only using the program by myself for personal
> things, I was thinking of disabling SSL Verification to stop it
> from complaining about the cert.
>
> So how do I do it?

hi Jack

curl has an option called SSL_VERIFYPEER which is supported by
etc.c.curl: CurlOption.

you can simply do the following:

import std.stdio;
import etc.c.curl : CurlOption;
import std.net.curl;

void main()
{
   auto conn = HTTP();
   conn.handle.set(CurlOption.ssl_verifypeer, 0);
   writeln(get("https://dlang.org/", conn));
}

if you set the option to 1 you will receive this error:
std.net.curl.CurlException at std/net/curl.d(3592): Peer certificate
cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates on handle
7F908C01DC00