DerelictAL with alut?

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri May 23 02:26:08 PDT 2014

On 5/23/2014 6:01 PM, Jack wrote:
> On Friday, 23 May 2014 at 08:36:29 UTC, Rene Zwanenburg wrote:
>> On Friday, 23 May 2014 at 08:17:28 UTC, Jack wrote:
>>> Erm excuse me. Does the current DerelictAL come with alut
>>> bindings? If not, does it come with libaudio then?
>>>
>>> I saw this very old page on the internet about DerelictAL having
>>> some alut bindings:
>>> http://svn.dsource.org/projects/derelict/trunk/docs/al.html
>>>
>>> But I can't find any alut functions.

The current iteration of DerelictAL does not include ALUT. AFAIK, alut
is a dead library that hasn't been updated in years. I don't have any
plans to add it to DerelictOrg. You can use DerelictUtil to create your
own binding for it if you absolutely need it, but I think you'd be
better served by ALURE.

>> There's DerelictALURE, will that work for you?
>>
>> http://code.dlang.org/packages/derelict-alure
>
> Thanks for this. Does this have any documentation, or do I use it
> like alut ?

As per the project readme, DerelictALURE is a binding to the 'AL
Utilities REtooled' library. If you go to the ALURE homepage[1], you can
download a source archive of the latest release. Within you'll find the
documentation for the ALURE API.

[1] http://kcat.strangesoft.net/alure.html