Programming a Game in D? :D

evilrat via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun May 25 02:32:41 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 08:59:55 UTC, Dmitry wrote:
> On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 18:00:05 UTC, evilrat wrote:
>> there is a plugin for linux for GDB i believe, and another
>> plugin for Windows which i can't remember the name, the latter
>> one disappeared from XS 5.0 by some reason. search the
>> extensions for it.
> I use Windows. Thanks, I think I found it:
> https://github.com/llucenic/MonoDevelop.Debugger.Gdb.D
> But now I cant install it, here is error:
> The package 'MonoDevelop.Core v4.0' could not be found in any
> repository
> The package 'MonoDevelop.Ide v4.0' could not be found in any
> repository
> I dont know where is this repository.

GDB is for linux only. for Windows there is ddbg or something
like that, but as i said above it is disappeared not so long ago.

>> unfortunatelly if you are on Windows best option is to use
>> Mono-D for writing code, and VisualD to debug it. (there is
>> also DCD/DScanner but i never tried it myself).
> Currently it is not way for me. I already wrote about it - I
> cant build my project with DSFML in VisualStudio. Maybe in
> future I can resolve it. But not now.

are you making your own solution in VisualD or using dub to
generate all stuff? because using dub to generate solutions for
you will get you very convinient setup for debugging
anything(thanks to Visual Studio project dependencies)