installing Mango with DMD instead of ldc

John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun May 25 11:39:17 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 18:11:56 UTC, JJDuck wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I tried to install Mango and I found that it requires ldc. the
> makefile for Mango is from
> http://svn.dsource.org/projects/mango/trunk/mango/build/ldc/makefile
>
> I tried to install ldc on Windows but it doesn't go very smooth
> for the whole weekend, so I decide to try to install Mango with
> DMD.
>
> I tried to change these two lines for start
>
> DC=ldc   <--change to DMD
> DFLAGS=-release -O -inline -oq -c    <----error at oq
>
> I do not understand -oq and -c mean for ldc, and I cannot find
> anything from web.
>
> Anyone who can assist me on this or is there a better
> alternatives to install Mango with DMD?
>
> Thank you.

That project hasn't been touched in 4 years. It will likely
require a non-trivial amount of work to port it to modern D. It
might be worth it, it might not, I don't know. If you did, you
would want to use https://github.com/SiegeLord/Tango-D2 as mango
depended on Tango in D1

dsource is dead, pretty much nothing there is maintained,
code.dlang.org is your best bet for finding modern D projects.