Different random shuffles generated when compiled with gdc than with dmd

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat May 31 14:22:37 PDT 2014

On 31/05/14 22:37, Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On 30/05/14 22:45, monarch_dodra via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> Didn't you make changes to how and when the global PRNG is popped and accessed
>> in randomShuffle? I figured it *could* be an explanation.
>
> I think it's more likely that the culprit is either your set of patches to the
> Mersenne Twister, or the patches made to uniform() (which is called by
> partialShuffle).  I'll look more deeply into this.

It's due to the the updated uniform() provided in this pull request:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/commit/fc48d56284f19bf171780554b63b4ae83808b894