[SDL + TKD] Seg fault from creating DirectoryDialog

Gary Willoughby via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 3 06:32:06 PST 2014

On Sunday, 2 November 2014 at 23:05:05 UTC, Jack wrote:
> On Sunday, 2 November 2014 at 17:39:46 UTC, Gary Willoughby
> wrote:
>> On Sunday, 2 November 2014 at 12:11:23 UTC, Jack wrote:
>>> Whole error is: http://codepad.org/C2l4rUel
>>
>> That's not the true error. That's dub throwing an exception
>> when trying to run the built executable. As shown here:
>>
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dub/blob/master/source%2Fdub%2Fgenerators%2Fbuild.d#L464
>>
>> I would suggest building the application without using dub
>> then run the program through a debugger to find the location
>> in the source where it's actually seg-faulting. I personally
>> use this one: http://www.affinic.com/?page_id=109.
>
> Thank you. I built the program using the compiler and debugged
> it
> with the C::B gui version of gdb, and it spewed out information
> about call stacks and things that, I confess, I have no idea
> what
> the hell it is:
> http://codepad.org/Bj3y6tqr
>
> and it seems to point to line 123 in tcl.d as shown here:
> http://picpaste.com/pics/Screenshot_from_2014-11-03_06_53_17-C6eIWp7k.1414969454.png
>
> And now, as I said before, don't know what this is exactly.

Looks like a threading error somewhere. What version of Tcl/Tk
are you linking against? Are you using threads in your program?
Tcl/Tk can be a pain with threading as i've read. There exists
thread-friendly versions as seen here:
http://www.tcl.tk/doc/howto/compile.html Notice the
--enable-threads switch.

I don't really know what to suggest. Try reducing the program
down until you've found where the issue stops happening. It may
be an incompatibility with SDL?