How to declare a template type as parameter to functions

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 3 16:58:28 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 12:48:47AM +0000, Domingo via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> Thanks again this second explanation now is easier to understand as
> general rule for this case and future ones that I'll face in the
> future.
>
> I hope that this explanation would be added to the language reference
> where it explain functions:
>
> http://dlang.org/function
>
> With it there people will have a better understand right from the
> fundamental source of information.
>
> Can someone add it there ?
[...]

Wow, I can't believe that page doesn't even *mention* template functions
except in a single sentence!  Please file a bug on issues.dlang.org to
improve the documentation of template functions.

In the meantime, the language reference really isn't the best source for
learning the language; Ali's excellent D book is better:

	http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/templates.html

Andrei's book "The D Programming Language" is also highly recommended.

"Outlook not so good." That magic 8-ball knows everything! I'll ask
about Exchange Server next. -- (Stolen from the net)