Access Violation Tracking

Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 6 12:39:50 PST 2014

On Nov 5, 2014 12:10 PM, "Bauss via Digitalmars-d-learn" <
digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to track down access violations, instead of me having to
look through my source code manually.

Whenever you don't get a stack trace on Windows, it's 99% guaranteed you're
calling a null function pointer.

> I have a pretty big source code and an access violation happens at
runtime, but it's going to be a nightmare looking through it all to find
the access violation. Not to mention all the tests I have to run.

> So if there is a way to catch an access violation and find out where it
occured it would be appreciated!