Access Violation Tracking

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 6 20:43:42 PST 2014

On Thu, 06 Nov 2014 22:45:23 -0500
Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
<digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:

> In an environment that you don't control, the default behavior is likely
> to print "Segmentation Fault" and exit. No core dump, no nothing.
>
> This leads to unhelpful bug reports, and seeing if you can get your
> client to "try to make it happen again with this debug build, or with
> the shell set up to make a core dump".

README file, prerequisites: "please, turn on coredump feature if you
plan to send bug reports. thank you."

btw, that's why i'm against so-called "release builds" with debug
features not only turned off, but not compiled at all. every build must
be "release build", and no debug features should be ommited. when i
stopped to making "debug builds" and started to pass my clients the
same builds i'm using as developer, things becomes much easier.