Live without debugger?

Gary Willoughby via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 9 09:29:18 PST 2014

On Sunday, 9 November 2014 at 08:26:59 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> I know that a lot of people are using for programming tools
> like Sublime. I am one of them. But if for very simple code
> it's ok, how to write hard code?
>
> Do you often need debugger when you are writing code? For which
> tasks debugger are more needed for you?

I mainly use Vim for writing D code and rarely rely on a debugger
nowadays because to be frank none really worked in the past with
D. Recently however, D has made strides forward in GDB
compatibility (thanks to Iain Buclaw, et al) and i find it works
really well using a nice GUI frontend. I personally use Affinic
Debugger GUI[1].

Like you say sometimes you need to use a debugger when writing
'hard' code to find where that crash is or just to follow the
logic. To be honest it is a shock using any language without a
debugger as i've been spoilt rotten by Visual Studio in the past
but with D i manage with what i've got just fine.

[1]: http://www.affinic.com/?page_id=109