Memory usage of dmd

Etienne via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 10 13:09:17 PST 2014

On 2014-11-10 2:52 PM, "Marc =?UTF-8?B?U2Now7x0eiI=?=
<schuetzm at gmx.net>" wrote:
> If your server runs systemd, I would strongly recommend to use that
> instead of a shell script. You can use "Restart=always" or
> "Restart=on-failure" in the unit file. It also provides socket
> activation, which will allow you to restart the program without downtime.

I totally agree, I couldn't find a good resource about this though. The
shell script method is quite literally rudimentary but it took me a few
minutes to put together and it's been working great during 6 months so
far. I'll go out and read a systemd tutorial eventually to get this done
the right way, if anyone had anything ready and compatible with vibe.d
apps I'd be happy about it.

For the install script, I guess the best way would be to put together an
RPM script and upgrade through that. I'd have to explore that solution,
it's quite a lot more than 2 lines of code though :)