Basically want to make a macro script

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 12 19:18:44 PST 2014

On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 02:45:34 UTC, Israel wrote:
> Do you have plans for making win32 bindings for the sendkeys?

I'm pretty sure it just calls this function:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646310%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

with appropriate input prepared.

As to listen to keyboard input, I'm again pretty sure you just
need to call this function:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms646309%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

It needs a window and event loop to receive the message, but
that's not rocket science either, my simpledisplay.d can do it or
it isn't really hard to just do with the low level calls.

I'm not sure about how to do it on X11 off the top of my head,
but there's functions to add event messages and listen to input
from multiple windows, or you could open the /dev/input for the
keyboard too if root. I've looked into this before and found a
few options, but don't remember the details right now.

I don't want to give a sample program without testing it, and I'm
on my Linux box right now, but if you don't have something by
tomorrow I'll play for a while when i'm on my laptop.