Basically want to make a macro script

Casey via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 12 22:18:00 PST 2014

On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 02:58:02 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> On 13/11/2014 3:45 p.m., Israel wrote:
>> On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 02:00:11 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
>> wrote:

>>> Sorry that functionality of de_window is out of scope of it.
>>> So of
>>> course, it won't work for what you want, it just creates a
>>> window and
>>> a context cross platform with input for that window.
>>>
>>> The functionality you are wanting is possible against winapi
>>> and x11
>>> fairly easily. Its just low level. Although X11 is a little
>>> easier as
>>> it can be done via a program on cli.
>>> Unfortunately c/c++ will help you as much as D will in these
>>> cases.
>>> If you run into trouble with those api's we can help you. But
>>> you will
>>> need help, these are topics that aren't recommended for a
>>> newbie.
>>>
>>> I'm not quite sure how to receive key presses from other
>>> windows.
>>> Maybe Mike Parker (aldracon) has some ideas.
>>
>> Do you have plans for making win32 bindings for the sendkeys?
>>
>> Im interested in this too. Id like to do it with D but ive only
>> ever been able to accomplish this task with C# and
>> InputSimulator.
>
> At this point in time, I have no plans for such a library.
> However if somebody wishes to implement under the
> devisualization org, I'm happy to help.

It's great to have you two joining in on this thread!  I'm
excited to see how helpful you have all been, it's really
encouraging me to learn more about this.  Two of you guys have
noted that D and C++ might not be the right languages for my
purposes.  If they won't work for it, could you make some other
suggestions?  I'd really prefer to make it work in D, but if it's
not worth the trouble I'm more than happy to switch to something
simpler.  Thanks for your dedication all!