Debugging a Memory Leak

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 17 20:56:22 PST 2014

On Monday, 17 November 2014 at 23:12:10 UTC, Maxime
Chevalier-Boisvert wrote:
> Help or advice on solving this problem is welcome.

The D GC has some debugging code which might be a little helpful
(check the commented-out debug = X lines in
druntime/src/gc/gc.d). Specifically, debug=LOGGING activates some
sort of leak detector, though I'm not sure how effective it is as
I've never used it.

I've begun work on reviving Diamond to work for D2, multiple
threads and x64. Once complete it should be able to answer such
questions definitely, but it'll probably take a few days at
least. Watch this space:

https://github.com/CyberShadow/druntime/commits/diamond
https://github.com/CyberShadow/Diamond