Dub / Derelict confusion

John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 19 03:52:40 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 19 November 2014 at 10:09:55 UTC, Paul wrote:
> @wobbles:
>
> Sorry, should have said, I built SDL and the libraries are
> installed in /usr/local/lib
>
>> could you give some more details? Full package.json, the
>> file-structure of your project and the full output from dub
>> would help.
>
> @John Colvin
> The entire contents of dub.json are as above. My program is a
> single file just to check that I can init SDL:
>
> import std.stdio;
> import derelict.sdl2.sdl;
> void main(){
>
>     // Load the SDL 2 library.
>     DerelictSDL2.load();
>
>     //init SDL

> The error is:
>
> Error executing command build: Failed to load package at
> /home/paul/D-programs/: Expected end of string after JSON
> value, not ': {
> "derelict-sdl2":"~>1.0.0",
> "derelict-gl3":"~master",
> }'.
>

> TIA

your dub.json is invalid. Please see
http://code.dlang.org/package-format

I'm not sure what the exact requirements are for a minimal
dub.json, but you should at very least have a name. Also, watch
out for where your source files are: dub expects them in a
source/ or src/ folder by default, you can change this by setting
sourcePaths in your dub.json