How to pass static array to function not by value?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 22 09:22:37 PST 2014

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 20:05:13 +0400
drug via Digitalmars-d-learn <digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Does it worth to make some compiler option that for example prohibits
> passing static array instead of dynamic one without slicing? Who has a
> lot of breakable correct D code doesn't use it, but others do if they want?
Walter is hard to convince on new options. and i believe that he is
right here, 'cause options that changing language semantics are a big
PITAs.

compiler can generate deprecation warning though, which doesn't break
anything. but first we have to convince Walter that given feature must
be deprecated, which is hard too. not 'cause Walter is that stubborn,
but 'cause he wants to see some real-world code that will clearly
benefits from deprecation first. 'cause language that deprecates some
random features with each release is hardly can be considered as
"mature". ;-)