Dub / Derelict confusion

Paul via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 22 10:52:22 PST 2014

On Friday, 21 November 2014 at 01:23:55 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On 11/21/2014 10:22 AM, Mike Parker wrote:
>
>> You are adding anything
>
> You /aren't/

The problem is 'no available video device' when trying to init
SDL. I've recently wiped/re-installed this machine so something
must be missing. I've googled extensively and tried all the
suggestions on the SDL wiki to no avail:

https://wiki.libsdl.org/FAQLinux#I_get_the_error:_.22no_video_devices_available.22

Whenever I try to learn a new language I always seem to end up
fighting the OS or the IDE rather than spending time where I
should. Therefore, I'm going to put this idea on hold and stick
to console programs for a while (tried to install ncurses as well
earlier but dub doesn't like the "~master" setting in dub.json -
grrr!).

Cheers

Paul