DerelictOrg and SDL_Mixer

torea via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 25 18:16:21 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 26 November 2014 at 01:25:51 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> Don't think of it that way. Think of it this way: you have to
> load every library you want to use. SDL2_mixer is a library,
> SDL2_image is a library, SDL2_ttf is a library, and so on. You
> have to load them individually. DerelictSDL2 binds to SDL2,
> DerelictSDL2Mixer binds to SDL2_mixer and so on.

OK!
Somehow I had overlooked the most obvious documentation on
DerelictSDL2: the readme.md file on the github repository page
which displays these informations.. Sorry!

> The Derelict packages are all just bindings to C libraries and
> nothing more. To use those libraries, you need to install their
> dependencies on each platform you need to use them on. If you
> don't know what the dependencies are, you should visit the
> website or support forums for that library.

Yes, it was an issue unrelated to D or DerelictOrg but still some
problem encountered by clueless me on its quest to use SDL_Mixer
functions with D.. This might be of some help for a beginner like
me who had difficulties to find some straightforward
documentation to set everything up. The SDL and SDL_mixer
websites did not help much (..or I overlooked some stuffs again).