Still not D standard yet ?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 28 18:43:01 PST 2014

On Saturday, November 29, 2014 01:30:55 Ledd via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Friday, 28 November 2014 at 12:35:28 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> > What is missing?
>
> an ISO standard ?

Someday, maybe, but most languages don't have an ISO standard, and I really
on't see what it would buy us. What we're generally missing most is
manpower. Putting a bunch of effort into formalizing it in a standard
wouldn't really help us. If anything, it would just take away manpower from
actually getting code written, getting bugs fixed, etc. And even if getting
an ISO standard for D were a goal, C++ was something like 20 years old
before it got an ISO standard, so even those languages that do have
standards didn't generally get them very early in their development, meaning
that we're not necessarily slow about getting a standard in comparison to
those languages that do.

- Jonathan M Davis