Still not D standard yet ?

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 29 02:35:32 PST 2014

On Saturday, 29 November 2014 at 09:03:13 UTC, Ledd wrote:
> Do you really think that a "system language", or just a
> language that aims to be popular, can possibly discard the idea
> of getting into an international standard ?
>
> I still can't recall any major language that doesn't have a
> standard, what is the language/s you are thinking about ?

C was standardized in 1989. C++ was standardized in 1998. I'm
unaware of ISO (or any other) standardization for Go, Python,
Perl, Objective C, or PHP. And as I recall there is no ISO
standard Java, and only for some old version of C#.

ISO standardization is very expensive. D is not even close to the
popularity level necessary to begin thinking about that.