Invalid Assembly Generated

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 4 07:10:26 PDT 2014

On 10/4/2014 6:40 PM, Bauss wrote:
> I am not able to run the output file compiled. I am not sure if it might
> be an error with my commandline or not.
>
> Operating System: Windows 8
> Commandline Arguments Try1: -c hello.d out\hello.exe
> Commandline Arguments Try2: -c hello.d -m32 out\hello.exe

Your command lines create an object file, not an executable, because
you've passed -c, which means compile but don't link. To compile an
executable out\hello.exe, this is what you want:

dmd hello.d -ofout\hello.exe

The -of switch tells the compiler how to name the output. Though it's
apparently unneeded when compiling object files with -c as you did
above, it is required when renaming an executable.

---