DUB Errors

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 4 23:38:55 PDT 2014

Am 05.10.2014 02:11, schrieb David Nadlinger:
> On Friday, 3 October 2014 at 23:00:53 UTC, Brian Hechinger wrote:
>> With my old set of packages I had no problems. I just now deleted
>> ~/.dub and now I too get this error. Some issue with the openssl
>> module, yes, but what? This is a bit of an issue. :)
>
> At first glance, this seems like a forward reference issue.
> deimos.openssl.ossl_typ imports deimos.openssl.ssl, but also the other
> way round.
>
> I had a similar problem where everything worked before, but then I
> deleted all DUB caches and now vibe.d doesn't build anymore (master and
> 0.7.21-rc1).
>
> David

Judging by the log output it should be "fixed" (on vibe.d's side) with
[1] by using a version based dependency to the OpenSSL bindings with an
old version*. I've tagged a new RC-2 version now (although it's not
really an RC with more known fixes to come).

* Since there was no reaction on the corresponding ticket [2], I've
decided to tag my own fork instead and register it on code.dlang.org. If
anyone has a better idea...

[1]:
https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/commit/4fd45376a81423adae33092326b5be2cc69422c8
[2]: https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/openssl/issues/17