"function not callable using argument types" - i disagree

Wed Oct 8 08:14:44 PDT 2014

On 10/7/14 3:15 PM, Vlad Levenfeld wrote:
> Update: I just did a manual cast. Still getting there error. Here's the
> new argument lists:
>
> (void**, const(PaStreamParameters*), const(PaStreamParameters*), double,
> uint, uint, extern (C) int function(const(void)*, void*, uint,
> const(PaStreamCallbackTimeInfo)*, uint, void*), void*)
>
> (void**, const(PaStreamParameters*), const(PaStreamParameters*), double,
> uint, uint, extern (C) int function(const(void)*, void*, uint,
> const(PaStreamCallbackTimeInfo)*, uint, void*), void*)
>
> They're identical... unless I'm losing my mind. Yet still its "not
> callable using argument types"

I would suggest removing each parameter from the function prototype and
call, until you find the culprit. Then put everything else back in. Try
moving the parameters around.

Yes, the compiled code won't work, but this looks to me like a compiler
bug (at least a diagnostic issue), and it will help narrow down a simple
case you can submit.

-Steve