The module declaration is being ignored

Diffuse via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 8 11:39:26 PDT 2014

I have 2 files, main.d and file2.d.

In file2.d I have written at the top "module file2"
And in main.d I have written "import file2"

Everything works fine. But things also compile if I declare
file2's module to be "module candyfloss" while still importing
"file2" within main.d

In fact it doesn't work to import candyfloss within main.d, only
the exact name of the file works no matter the file's module
declaration.

I have confirmed that I am indeed editing the same files that I
am sending to dmd and the dmd version I am using is 2.066 which
is the newest on the website.

Is this normal?