How do I write __simd(void16*, void16) ?

Benjamin Thaut via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 9 11:32:53 PDT 2014

Am 08.10.2014 21:12, schrieb Etienne:
> On 2014-10-08 3:04 PM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
>> I strongly advise to not use core.simd at this point. It is in a
>> horribly broken state and generates code that is far from efficient. If
>
> I think I'll have to re-write the xmmintrin.h functions I need as string
> mixins to inline the assembly. Is that supposed to be compatible with
> LDC/GDC anyways?

I know that GDC stopped supporting D style inline asm a while ago. If
you need inline asm with GDC you have to use the gcc style inline
assembly. I don't know about ldc though. But generally you want to use
the official intrinsics with gdc and ldc because they won't perform any
optimizations on inline assembly.

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut