How to install dmd2 in centos 5.3 x64

Rafael via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 10 04:41:03 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 26 February 2014 at 00:56:53 UTC, thr4wa wrote:
> i already tried LD_LIBRARY_PATH (and alternatives), however,
> looking deeper it seems like the admin has disabled
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH on this system (work terminal):
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9843178/linux-capabilities-setcap-seems-to-disable-ld-library-path
>
> On Tuesday, 25 February 2014 at 22:37:28 UTC, FreeSlave wrote:
>> It's not dmd problem, it's up to ld linker and the issue is
>> same for other compiled languages including C and C++. You
>> should specify LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable in your system before
>> executing any compiled D application. You can add export of
>> this environment variable to your $HOME/.profile or
>> $HOME/.bashrc depending on your system or edit paths in
>> /etc/ld.so.conf.d or /etc/ld.so.conf. The other way is to copy
>> libphobos to path where ld can find it by default, for
>> example, /usr/local/lib.

Hello, thr4wa,
do you solve your problem, described above? I have same error:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l:libphobos2.a

What I tried to do:
1) export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64
2) copy libphobos2.a and libphobos2.so to /usr/lib64
3) soft link to this libraries from /usr/lib
4) added dmd -L-L/usr/lib64 compile flags in the dmd.conf file
5) added /usr/lib64 to the /etc/ld.so.conf