How do I write __simd(void16*, void16) ?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 10 06:01:06 PDT 2014

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 08:31:44 -0400
Etienne via Digitalmars-d-learn <digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com>
wrote:

> Which type would have to be sent to the corresponding functions? I
> have a hard time figuring out how to use the __m128i with the proper
> mangling. Does it use core.simd's Vector!x types there?
i know nothing about SIMD, but this compiles:

  import core.simd;
  import gcc.builtins;
  void main () {
    float4 a, b;
    auto tmp = __builtin_ia32_mulps(a, b); // a*b
  }

i don't know what the hell this means, but at least it accepts types
from core.simd. ;-) so i assume that other such builtins will accept
other types too.