Forward Reference

Nimrod the Shlomo via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 10 10:01:59 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 9 October 2014 at 19:26:20 UTC, Njkp wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 October 2014 at 19:04:56 UTC, Anibal wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm trying to something like a tree structure.
>>
>> The following:
>>
>> import std.container;
>> class Tree
>> {
>>        private SList!Tree subTree;
>> }
>>
>> Produces: class Tree no size yet for forward reference.
>>
>> How i should proceed in order to keep this declaration?
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>>
>> PD: (You guys are incredibly quick to answer, that's awesome!)
>
> make a pointer list instead, which has a fixed size:
> ---
> import std.container;
> class Tree
> {
>         private SList!(Tree*) subTree;
> }
> ---
fixed size: the item as pointer. But, BTW if you put a class as
an item collection it's always a fixed size, a class is always a
ptr. Better, you 'll be able to use the pointer without
dereference.

But you prefear the solution of the other guy...It's ok. I just
hope that your subtree will not have to be reorganized too
often...because with an array, it'll be very very very slow...