COFF on Win32 how to try?

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 11 02:21:14 PDT 2014

On 10.10.2014 20:44, Szymon Gatner wrote:
> Hi, thanks for all the information.
>
> I got Digger (pretty nice tool btw) and it pulled all neccessary repos
> from GitHub. As my understanding is that I should not be doing "Build"
> with Diggger I just opened Windows console, entered druntime dir and typed:

You have to build dmd, so it should be  good starting point to succeed
in building the full chain for win64: dmd, druntime and win64.

> d:\digger-1.0\repo\druntime>make -f win64.mak MODEL=32mscoff
> "CC=\"%VCINSTALLDIR
> %\bin\cl.exe\""
>
> and got:
>
> dmd -c -o- -Isrc -Iimport -Hfimport\core\sync\barrier.di
> src\core\sync\barrier.d
>
> src\core\stdc\stdio.d(859): Error: found 'nothrow' when expecting '{'

Ahh, I thought it would use a compiled dmd by default. You will have to
specify the path to dmd too:

make -f win64.mak MODEL=32mscoff "CC=\"%VCINSTALLDIR%\bin\cl.exe\""
DMD=../result/bin/dmd

The given dmd path is specific to building with digger (the normal path
is ../dmd/src/dmd). You'll have to update sc.ini there, too.