Using __traits to find functions in sub-modules

nrgyzer via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 16 11:39:48 PDT 2014

Hi,
I'm using structs to describe my functions:

struct example
{
    string name;
    uint someValue;
}

module mod.example1;

@example("example1", 1)
void myFunction()
{
// do something
}

module mod.example2;

@example("example2", 2)
void myFunction()
{
// do something
}

I'm using the struct to describe functions in different modules.
Now, I want add all functions which are described using the
example-struct to an array during compile time. But how can I do
this? I know, I can use __trait(allMembers, mod.example1) and
__trait(allMembers, mod.example2), but I only want specify the
parent module (mod), for instance:

void main()
{
    foreach (member, __traits(allMembers, mod))
    {
       writeln(member);

But this only shows "object" - nothing else. No sub-modules like
mod.example1 or mod.example2. So, how can I find all functions
that are described using my structure during compile time and add
them to an array?

I already tried this:

void main()
{
    foreach (cmodule; ModuleInfo)
    {
       foreach (submodule; __traits(allMembers, cmodule))
       {
       // ... also tried: foreach (submodule; __traits(allMembers,
mixin(cmodule.name))), cmodule.name is not available during
compile time...

But it always stats that 'cmodule' has no members. Does anyone
know how to solve the problem?