Beginner ?. Why does D suggest to learn java

via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 16 21:51:14 PDT 2014

On Friday, 17 October 2014 at 01:14:34 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Python is probably a better first language than Java. D is a
> little too much complex as first language.

The IDE support is probably a bit better with Java/C# and using a
statically typed language as your first language has advantages,
but all are good first languages: easy to find tutorials, easy to
find educational example code, easy to find answers to typical
beginner issues on Stackoverflow…

I personally think Logo, Processing and Scheme would be more fun
as learning tools, but they are throw-away languages. E.g.
http://turtleacademy.com/programs/en http://www.processing.org/
and many more online programming sites.