Any dub tips and tricks

Joel via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 17 15:01:20 PDT 2014

On Friday, 17 October 2014 at 08:32:13 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> Are you sure your package/dub.json is valid JSON? You can check
> it here:
>
> http://jsonlint.com/
>
> Atila
>
> On Thursday, 16 October 2014 at 22:22:14 UTC, Joel wrote:
>> Any way of using dub (on Windows or OSX). I've been trying it
>> lately, but not much success.
>>
>> 1. (In the command prompt or Terminal), I create a new folder.
>> 2. Run 'dub init' in the new folder
>> 3. I copy the dependency from a lib/app into the dub.json file.
>> 4. Then I just enter 'dub'
>>
>> In Windows I get this error (and others, but seems to go
>> through): Failed to parse package description for dil  in
>> C:\Users\Joel\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\dil-master\.
>>
>> I'm more interested in using OSX, for D.

It does pass.

Here's more information:

C:\jpro\dpro2\meldtest>dub
Failed to parse package description for dil  in
C:\Users\Joel\AppData\Roaming\du
b\packages\dil-master\.
Failed to load package in
C:/Users/Joel/AppData/Roaming/dub/packages/dil-master/
: Got .excludedSourceFiles of type string - expected array.
Failed to parse package description for dil  in
C:\Users\Joel\AppData\Roaming\du
b\packages\dil-master\.
Failed to load package in
C:/Users/Joel/AppData/Roaming/dub/packages/dil-master/
: Got .excludedSourceFiles of type string - expected array.
Failed to parse package description for dil  in
C:\Users\Joel\AppData\Roaming\du
b\packages\dil-master\.
Failed to load package in
C:/Users/Joel/AppData/Roaming/dub/packages/dil-master/
: Got .excludedSourceFiles of type string - expected array.
Target derelict-util 1.0.3 is up to date. Use --force to rebuild.
Target derelict-glfw3 ~master is up to date. Use --force to
rebuild.
Target derelict-gl3 ~master is up to date. Use --force to rebuild.
Building meld 0.0.1 configuration "library", build type debug.
Running pre-build commands...
'pwd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Error executing command run: Command failed with exit code 1