Beginner ?. Why does D suggest to learn java

RBfromME via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 17 19:00:42 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 16 October 2014 at 22:26:51 UTC, RBfromME wrote:
> I'm a newbie to programming and have been looking into the D
> lang as a general purposing language to learn, yet the D
> overview indicates that java would be a better language to
> learn for your first programming language. Why?  Looks like D
> is easier than Java...

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.  I've
been reading up on different languages for some time now. I have
experimented with python some and have  created a few minor
scripts. It's fairly easy to get going with the basics , but i
don't find the basics any easier to  learn than D's.  The biggest
issue i personal find in getting deeper into  a language is the
docs and examples. The python examples, beyond the basics usually
get write into OO so you find your self trying to figure out OO
while trying to sift through the examples.  Makes it a little
harder to get going and figure out the available libraries while
trying to figure OO at the same time.
The second thing that would help a beginner move forward is the
documentation  on the libraries. I see D has  standard libraries
along with third parties. And I believe , if i read it properly,
D can us C libraries. It would be helpful to see examples on how
to use C libs with D since D is still new and its library
packages is still small.
Summing it up, I personally think the hardest part in learning to
use a specific language is the docs and and examples because they
all throw you write into OO and you spend more time trying to
figure out OO instead of how to use the standard lib or third
party lib to get a basic task done.

Thank you Ali Cehreli for taking the time to write the D
tutorial. It's appreciated by people like me.