Beginner ?. Why does D suggest to learn java

Joakim via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 20 11:40:55 PDT 2014

On Monday, 20 October 2014 at 13:52:10 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Friday, 17 October 2014 at 23:31:46 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> Tablets are optimized for basic usage, not saving files and
>> document editing and whatever else you might want to do on a
>> PC.  Most people just need a basic appliance that isn't going
>> to catch viruses or require registry hacks.
>
> LOL
> http://wmpoweruser.com/infected-android-phones-now-outnumber-infected-pcs-on-mobile-networks/

Are you laughing because of this? :)

"Android devices accounted for 60% of total mobile network
infections, and 40% of mobile malware originated from Windows
laptops connected to a phone or connected directly through a
mobile USB stick or W-Fi hub.

Infections on Windows Phone, iPhone and BlackBerry devices made
up less than 1%

'Android smartphones are the easiest malware target,' said Kevin
McNamee, security architect and director of Alcatel-Lucent’s
Kindsight Security Labs, but noted 'but Windows laptops are still
the favourite of hard core professional cybercriminals.'”

Note my original reference to not being able to save files and
the very low rate of infection on the iPhone.  Android is a
little different because it's so open, just like Windows, and I
bet most of those infected Android devices were rooted or old.
If you do the math, there are a lot more Android devices than
Windows laptops, so the fact that there are almost as many
infected Windows laptops means the infection rate of Windows is
much higher.