Creation of 0MQ D project

Evan Lowry via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 27 16:56:10 PDT 2014

Hey all,

I've been playing around w/ D for a little while, and figured I
would dive more into it with some side project stuff that has
come up at work. The interface I am hooking up to is a zmq
server, so I created a dub.json file ~ as follows:

{
     "dependencies": {
         "zeromq": "~master",
     },
     "libs": ["zmq"]
}

and tried to compile by calling 'dub'. I receive the following
error:

Building zeromq ~master configuration "library", build type debug.
Running dmd...
../../.dub/packages/zeromq-master/deimos/zmq/zmq.d(96): Error:
function deimos.zmq.zmq.zmq_strerror without 'this' cannot be
const
FAIL
../../.dub/packages/zeromq-master/.dub/build/library-debug-linux.posix-x86_64-dmd_2066-9416B6A4CCF6909BD83BEC040E325AC7/
zeromq staticLibrary
Error executing command run: dmd failed with exit code 1.

The 0mq library exists and is linkable:
ls /usr/lib/libzmq.*
/usr/lib/libzmq.a  /usr/lib/libzmq.so  /usr/lib/libzmq.so.4
/usr/lib/libzmq.so.4.0.0

The error looks to be related to the library code, but I figure
I'm just doing something stupid in build -- as there seem to be
no other topics about this.

Any help would be appreciated, sorry for any glaring oversights!