Dart bindings for D?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 29 18:17:27 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 29 October 2014 at 22:12:32 UTC, Laeeth Isharc
wrote:
> I will have a crack at starting this unless anyone knows of any
> already in existence.

I haven't heard of any.

> Rationale for using Dart in combination with D is that I am not
> thrilled about learning or writing in Javascript, yet one has
> to do processing on the client in some language, and there seem
> very few viable alternatives for that.

What kind of client are you doing? If you are writing a web page,
you don't need any kind of script language API. JavaScript or
dart or whatever talk with your server application through http
requests or websockets, whereas script language APIs are meant
for extending your application in the same process. For example,
a text editor might have a script language to make custom
functions for hotkeys.