Dart bindings for D?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 29 19:27:47 PDT 2014

On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 01:31:23 +0000
"Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn"
<digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 29 October 2014 at 22:22:39 UTC, ketmar via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> > it's not lightning fast, though, but the code is understandable
> > and it's fairly easy to extend the language if necessary.
>
> Curious, what have you tried with it?
nothing really complicated for now. simply used it in some utilities
where i need something more than a config file. conditions, loops, some
data processing. it looks like a mixture of D and JS, and i like it.

it surely won't do as a scripting language for realtime videogame, but
i'm not writing videogames now. ;-) and it works ok for adding some
easily modifyable logic/processing to various software without
resorting to external libraries and wrappers like LuaD (which is great
too, by the way).

> I wanted to keep it simple but actually complicated it more than
> I wanted to, it is cool to know it isn't hard to use.
yes, it was very straightforward. besides, i like to write scripting
languages myself, so i enjoyed reading the source code too. but i did
that after i used the engine several times. ;-)

what it really needs is more documentation and samples, so people can
just throw it into the project and be happy. and to give some language
description to software users. i mostly using it by myseld, so didn't
bother to write any dox though. ;-)

> What I really like though is that the var type works in D too,
> making interoperation so easy. My only disappointment is
> @property still doesn't work, making foo.bar()() need the double
> parens!
it was great, but in the end i removed opDispatch from var, 'cause it
confuses me. i'm not a fan of opDispatch anyway. ;-) but it was very
funny to show some people D code with your jsvar and listenting how
they don't want to learn just another scripting language. and then
compile the code with DMD to confuse them even more.