Is Apple LLVM 6 compatible with LDC

Joakim via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 30 01:54:02 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 29 October 2014 at 04:45:00 UTC, JJDuck wrote:
> I'm trying to compile my D code using LDC and hopefully used by
> my iOS program in Xcode.
>
> So I did some research
> (correct me if I'm wrong)
> If I compile my D code using LDC into static file and used by
> my iOS app and since they have the same compiler backend, are
> they binary compatible?
>
> If it is binary compatible, should I still build some C header
> file so it can be called by iOS?
>
> XCode's compiler seems to keep evolving into their next stage,
> so I'm not sure if I'm conceptually correct.
>
> THanks

You should ask in the ldc forum, as you're more likely to get an
answer there.

As far as I know, ldc's support for iOS is still in the early
stages but they should be binary compatible, particularly if you
compile ldc against the same llvm backend, and a C wrapper is
likely still necessary, as I don't think Dan Olson got it working
without one:

http://forum.dlang.org/post/m2txc2kqxv.fsf@comcast.net