D support on SPARC/Solaris

Wyatt via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 30 07:03:22 PDT 2014

At work, I have to target SPARC/Solaris.  I'm writing code to
interface with an internal network protocol, so my current
choices are C and (old) C++ (remember Sun Studio?  I wish I
didn't have to).  Having looked, it seems like there's some
manner of support for SPARC in the runtime, but restricted to
Linux and FreeBSD?  Is that correct?

In which case, what would an enterprising individual have to
actually do (read: fix or implement) to use D in that
environment?  (If it comes down to it, it may be worth my while
to add it myself.)

This echoes a thread Nordlöw started about six months ago, but my
constraints aren't as rigid: DMD would be fine for me.  I just
pine for non-crap language.

-Wyatt