Dart bindings for D?

via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 31 08:18:31 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 30 October 2014 at 17:39:14 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> Dart web server talk to a D analytics server via a socket.  And
> 2) I cannot say that I definitely do not want to cache things
> and do some work on client, and so I need to see what's
> possible to avoid getting trapped in purely local optimum.

One thing you should consider is that asm.js has this very cool
ability to run eval() dynamically on the client and generate
machinecode on the fly. You will probably get 30-50% of the D
speed, but you will be getting OpenCL on the client in the future
which will beat anything on the CPU…

Just sayin'. There's some cool JIT capabilities in browsers that
can be used for optimized queries on data in combination with
local storage (all modern web browsers support this). And it is
only getting better…

(But dart is still a safe bet… you can call out to Javascript)