Reading unicode chars..

Andrew Godfrey via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 2 09:32:40 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 2 September 2014 at 14:06:04 UTC, seany wrote:
> How do I read unicode chars that has code points \u1FFF and
> higher from a file?
>
> file.getcw() reads only part of the char, and D identifies this
> character as an array of three or four characters.
>
> Importing std.uni does not change the behavior.
>
> Thank you.

Maybe someone else here will recognize this, but for me you'd
need to supply more information. Std.file doesn't have getcw, I
see one in std.stream which has an "outdated" warning and that
getcw is documented as implementation-specific. So what platform
are you on?
Better yet, can you make a small code sample that shows what
you're seeing?