Reading unicode chars..

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 2 11:22:54 PDT 2014

On 09/02/2014 11:11 AM, seany wrote:

 > But try to capture „ the low quotation mark, appearing in the
 > All-purpose punctuations plane of unicode, with \u201e - I worte I am
 > having problems with \u1FFF and up.

You are doing it differently. Can you show us a minimal example?
Otherwise, there is nothing special about „. Continuing with my example,
just change one line and it still works:

     file.writeln("abcçd„ef");

 > This particular symbol, is seen as a dchar array "\x1e\x20" - so two
 > dchars

That would happen when you you treat the chars on the input and
individual dchars. Those two chars must be decoded as a single dchar. My
example has shown two different ways of doing it. :)

 > using wchar returns the same result

Same issue: You are treating individual chars as two individual wchars.

Ali