Installing LDC on Windows

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 6 06:41:47 PDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-09-06 at 11:26 +0000, Danyal Zia via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
> On Saturday, 6 September 2014 at 11:13:20 UTC, Russel Winder via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> > OK I installed LDC pre-built on MinGW for Windows on Windows
> > and then
> > Installed MinGW for Windows but when I run ldc2 it tells me
> > libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing.
> >
> > Is this problem soluble by any means other than destruction of
> > Windows?
>
> You need to set PATH in environment variables to the directory
> where shared libaries of MinGW are present...

Hummm… I thought I had since all the DLLs are in the bin directory and
you need that in your PATH. Ah, I installed MinGW that has
libgcc_s_seh-1.dll not libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.

Of course having a gcc and g++ in my path ruins all my SCons experiments
since the whole point was not to have them in the path, just ldc2. Ho
hum.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk