Installing LDC on Windows

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 6 15:06:28 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 6 September 2014 at 16:36:38 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> Looks like mingw supports 3 types of exception handling. LDC
> usually tightly coupled with mingw version, you shouldn't try
> it blindly, but follow installation instructions instead.

It's not really tightly coupled to the MinGW version per se. What
is required is Dwarf 2 EH and a working TLS implementation. The
latter is the reason for the "recent version of mingw-w64"
requirement, because I fixed the implementation there a year ago
or so. No idea if the mingw.org people have gotten their act
together since.

That being said, it still makes sense to try a known good version
first, as LDC exercises quite a large part of the
compiler/runtime features, some of which aren't needed in more
wide-spread use cases (for example native TLS).

David