DUB: link to local library

rcor via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 10 10:13:25 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 10 September 2014 at 15:40:11 UTC, Edwin van
Leeuwen wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 September 2014 at 13:40:16 UTC, rcor wrote:
>> dub.json contains what I think should do the same as above:
>> {
>>  "name": "test",
>>  "importPaths": ["ext/dallegro5"],
>>  "lflags": ["-Lext/dallegro5"]
>> }
>
> Does adding:
>
> "libs": ["dallegro5"]
>
> make a difference?
>
> Cheers, Edwin

I thought libs was for linking to system libraries, which
dallegro5 isn't (its just built locally and not installed
system-wide).
However, "libs": ["dallegro5"] does seem to change the errors a
bit:
Without:
http://pastebin.com/Xpq94EkR
With:
http://pastebin.com/7fet3xU1

In particular, it makes the undefined reference to al_init
disappear, so maybe its a step in the right direction. Allegro
divides its functionality into several modules -- when I was
using C I would have to specify each of these libs, which I would
get from pkgconfig. I wonder if I need to do that here, but it
wasn't necessary when I was building with dmd alone.