Idiomatic async programming like C# async/await

Cliff via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 12 10:46:19 PDT 2014

On Friday, 12 September 2014 at 07:15:33 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> async/await is not so much about futures/promises, but
> optimization of IO-bound operations, i.e. when you wait on
> network/disk, you don't consume stack, threads and similar
> resources, an analog in D is vibe.d

I should have been more clear - it's not the async/await bit I am
interested in so much as the Task behavior - that I have some
object which represents the (future) completed state of a task
without the recipient of that object having to know what the type
of the task function is as they are only interested in the task
result.

I'll take a closer look at vibe.d and see if they already have a
system representing this before I cook up my own.