Recomended cairo bindings

Edwin van Leeuwen via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 15 05:19:10 PDT 2014

On Monday, 15 September 2014 at 12:11:09 UTC, Paul Z. Barsan
wrote:
> On Sunday, 14 September 2014 at 14:37:05 UTC, Robert burner
> Schadek wrote:
>
> If you look at deimos.cairo you will see that the latest commit
> was made 2 years ago while cairoD was last updated 6 months ago.

I think the latest commit was made when I submitted a bug report.
It seems that there is no ongoing development, but the
maintainer/developer did react to my bug report very quickly, so
it is/was still maintained at that time.

> I made my choice: I will stick to dub, fork cairoD, merge
> everything from deimos.cairo into cairoDs C-style bindings &
> wrappers, update cairoDs dependencies to use dub pkgs and then
> provide and rdmd script to configure platform specific stuff. I
> have plenty of time and if I succed, everyone can benefit from
> my work. :)

Out of curiosity: What does deimos.cairo add to cairoD? More
higher level/d-like API?

Cheers, Edwin