exporting analysispoint labels into symbol tables

Jay Norwood via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 16 15:10:14 PDT 2014

I have a use case that requires  repeating performance
measurements of blocks of code that do not coincide with function
start and stop.  For example, a function will be calling several
sub-operations, and I  need to measure the execution from the
call statement until the execution of the statement following the
call.

So, ideally, I'd like to mark the start and stop points in the
source code with label pairs, and have these exported as
symbol/address pairs.

I would read these label names with an external app, and would
set up the performance measurement start and stop window
boundaries without modifying the target code.

Does D provide any feature that would allow me to export such
labels?  I've seen some discussion of use of goto labels within
the program, but nothing about exporting them for use by an
external app.  I've also read through the recent info on user
annotations, but those seem to be associated with data properties
and it isn't apparent to me if they could provide program address
info.

Thanks,
Jay