Interop with C++ library - what toolchain do you use?

Cliff via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 17 15:28:44 PDT 2014

So I am trying to use a C++ library with D.  My toolchain is
currently Visual Studio 2013 with Visual D, using the DMD
compiler.  When trying to link, I obviously ran into the OMF vs.
COFF issue, which makes using the C++ library a bit of a trial to
say the least (I played around with some lib format converters
but perhaps unsurprisingly this led to somewhat unpredictable
behavior.)  I'd like to fix up my toolchain to avoid having this
issue.

For those of you who are on Windows and who do D and C++ interop,
what toolchain have you had success with?

Additionally, I have heard tell that D now allows calling C++
non-virtual class methods but I have not found documentation on
how to make this work (how do I define the C++ class layout in D
- I know how to do it for vtable entries but not non-virtual
methods.)  Pointers to docs or samples would be much appreciated.

Thanks!