Dirilect3 Installation Step by Step

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 17 18:02:32 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 18 September 2014 at 00:06:41 UTC, fuijiy wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I'm trying to install Derelict3. I read a lot of thing and I
> lost myself between this huge set of information. What I must
> do ? First, I try to build Derelict3 (github version) manually
> but I failed. So I tried with dub. But I don't understand how
> to use dub.
> My OS is Ubuntu.
> Could you help me ? Could you explain me step by step ? Advice
> me
>
> I know it's a noob behavior, I'm sorry about that.
>
> Thanks

So dub the build manager.
Basically in summary dub compiles a D program along with its
dependencies.
It utilises a compiler such as dmd, gdc or ldc depending on which
is installed or instructed to use.
It utilises a registry (code.dlang.org) of packages it knows
about. It also has a locally stored registry for local to user
packages.

To initialise a new project using dub to build it do:
$ dub init

Assuming it is installed and ready to go.
If you need help take a look at my video on ApplyYourDLang[0].
Its on windows, but it may help. Including about the D-APT
repository [1].

After initialising the repository try:
$ dub run

It will compile it and if successful run it.

You want to look at the dependencies section on [2]. So an
example dependency section for derelict-gl3 might be:

{
   "name": "my program",
   "dependencies": {
      "derelict-gl3": "~master"

Extremely simple example. Now see "~master"? You should replace
that with a version such as 0.1.2 or something. You can find this
on the tags (starts with a v) on the github repository. It is the
format of Semver.

[0]
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqABwcsDQUo7N8k9AJTWKfDrNJpRbnf5k
[1] http://d-apt.sourceforge.net/